We’ve been waiting a while for a final release of WordPress 3.0, and its finally here. When you see what’s new I think you’ll agree that it’s been worth the wait.
WordPress 3.0 includes lots of improvements and updates—from a simpler and cleaner user–interface, to some more major changes such as improved post type options (I.e. Newsletter, Product and Contacts).
You’ll see more about the new features in the video below. But here are a few of the highlights that stood–out to me with this latest release:
- Bulk updates – Update your WordPress installation or up to 15 plugins at once
- Custom menu’s – More advanced menu options, such as drop–downs
- Custom header image – Easily apply different custom header images to individual posts
- Custom post types – New post types including Products, Contacts, Employees and Newsletters takes WordPress closer to being a fully–fledged CMS
- MU + WP 3.0 – Control multiple WordPress sites from a single installation